Steve Dixon is the general manager of STRACON GyM. This company is dedicated to provide with the service of operating and building mines of the Graña y Montero Group. Steve has thirty years’ experience in the international mining and construction industry, during which he has held management positions in companies located in Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, the former Soviet Union and South America.
In this note, we share the interview held with Semana Económica, within the framework of the 33rd edition of PERUMIN. In this interview, he provided details about STRACON GyM’s regionalization strategy, indicating that the company aims to make 60% of its operations in Peru and the remaining 40% in other Latin American countries. Likewise, he comments that they are developing the business by geographical areas; starting in Peru, passing through Colombia, Mexico, Panama and Brazil.
On the other hand, he mentions that – although the business experienced a contraction in 2016 – aligned with the performance of the mining sector STRACON GyM is currently participating in a 25% to 30% increase in tenders compared to the previous year, which is a sample of the expected recovery of the sector.
Read the full interview in this link: http://semanaeconomica.com/article/sectores-y-empresas/mineria/243698-queremos-ser-jugadores-regionales/
About STRACON GyM
STRACON GyM is the mining contractor company of the Graña y Montero Group, dedicated to the provision of integral construction services and open-pit and underground mining operations in Latin America.
Learn more about them here: www.stracongym.com